We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back!
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and protocols that have exceeded CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and systems to ensure your safety.
You will see some changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. Prior to your appointment, you’ll be contacted by phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions as well as being made aware of our onsite checkin and screening protocols. This is a necessary process for us to be in accordance with the Governor’s executive order for dental offices in the State of Michigan to reopen and operate. We will have to reschedule your appointment if you’re unable or unwilling to complete this step.
In addition to added trainings for our team on infection control and patient management, below is a list of some of the precautions and initiatives we’ve incorporated within our office to further protect you and our team as we navigate through this next phase of the Pandemic:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Remove magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record and log temperature of every team member at the beginning of each work day.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating in the air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs and button that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Thank you again for entrusting us with your care and for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this initial phase of reopening our practice 🙂
The Belmont Dentistry Team